Toe integrate MailChimp with Contacted.com, select Administrator > MailChimp Integration in the Third-Party Configuration section.
You first need to obtain a MailChimp API Key and register Contacted.com as a registered MailChimp application
To acquire a MailChimp API key.
- Sign into your MailChimp account.
- From the Extras tab, select API Keys.
- On the API Keys page, select Create a Key.
- Record the key in a text file.
Next, you need to register Contacted.com as a registered application with MailChimp. Proceed as follows:
- Sing in to your MailChimp account.
- From the Extras tab, select Registered Apps.
- On the Registered Apps, select Register An App.
- In the App Name field, enter yourusername.contacted.com
- In the Company / organization field, enter Contacted.com.
- In the App website field, enter http://contacted.com
- In the Redirect URI field, enter the URL of your own website.
Return to Contacted.com and the screen shown above to complete the integration steps.
- In the MailChimp API Key field, paste you API key.
- Provided you have registered Contacted.com correctly in MailChimp, the MailChimp Root URL will be automatically populated.
Configure List Defaults
MailChimp is an email marketing platform and its integration with Contacted.com must comply with the way MailChimp handles emails.
Select the List Defaults tab to display the following dialog box.
In this dialog box, configure list defaults as follows:
- In the List Default from Email field, enter the sender's email address.
- In the List Default from Name field, enter the text string (name or organization) that will be shown as the the name of the sender
- In the List Default Campaign Subject field, enter the subject of your email campaign. This field may need to be changed for each different email campaign.
- Select the default language from the drop-down list.
- In the List Permission Reminder field, enter the text string that reminds the recipient that they have opted in to a specific list.
Configuring Contact Field Merge Tags
To find more information about Merge Tabs, refer to the MailChimp page titled "Use Merge Tags to Send Personalized Files".
- Select the Contact Field Merge Tags Mapping tab to display the screen shows below.
- In the Contact Fields to Sync field, activate fields required by moving them into the right-hand column.
- The remainder of the table specifies how different Merge Fields will be listed in the system.
Sending Mail with MailChimp
The mail recipients are those of a MailChimp Subscriber List, identified by a MailChimp List Id.
To send bulk email via MailChimp, proceed as follows:
- Prepare your mail campaign as described in this manual.
- On the Mail Campaign screen shown below, enter the MailChimp List ID as shown.
- In the Active field show in the above screen, select the check box to make the Mail Campaign active.
- The mail messages will be sent automatically.