This purpose is to record sales opportunities from specific clients.
To record a sales opportunity, proceed as follows:
- Select Marketing > Sales Opportunities from the Main Menu.
- Select New on the Action Bar. The following screen is displayed.
Complete the form as follows.
- In the Opportunity name field, enter a name for this opportunity.
- In the Type field, select one of 1) New Customer, or 2) Existing Customer.
- In the Lead Source field, select one of 1) Website, 2) Email, 3) Referral, 4) Advert, 5) Call Campaign, or 6) Other.
- In the Status field, select one of 1) New, 2) Prospecting, 3) Evaluation, 4) Negotiations, 5) Contract Won, or 6) Contract Lost.
- In the Description field, enter a note that describes the sales opportunity.
- In the Follow-Up field, enter a date to review and update the opportunity.
- In the Customers field, type the client name for which this opportunity exists. Provided the client has an existing record, the field will auto-fill.
Click the New Note button to record any relevant note about this sales opportunity.
Click Save on the Action Bar.