Twilio (Telephony and Text Messaging)
Twilio is a cloud based Platform as a Service (PaaS) product that offers VoIP voice, video communication and text messaging.
The Twilio Web service API has been integrated with the Contacted Contact Center and can be configured for use once a client specific API has been obtained from Twilio.
Once set up, users can make and receive phone calls, video calls and, in addition, send and received text messages and images.
SMS messages are routed via more than 900 global carriers and uses phone numbers that will not be filtered or rejected.
To set up Twilio telephone, you need to set up an account with Twilio who will give you access information like a Twilio Account SID, Auth Token, and an API,
- Select Administrator > Twilio Telephony in the Third Party Integration section. There are two tabs which both need to be configured:
Twilio Default Config
Enter the following information provided by the vendor, Twilio Telephony.
- The Default Twilio Account SID.
- The The Default Twilio Auth Token.
- The Default Twilio Application SID.
Twilio Phone Number Mappings
Select the Twilio Phone Number Mappings tab and proceed as follows:
- Click the column heading labeled Employee to display the Employee drop-down menu.
- Select the employee for which a mapping will be created and select Show.
- On the Action Bar, select New. The following screen will be displayed.
- Unless already displayed, select Employee.
- In the Allowed Outgoing field, select the check box to enable, or leave unjchecked to disable.
- In the Application SID field, enter the SID provided by Twilio.
- In the Allowed Incoming field, select the check box to enable, or leave unjchecked to disable.
- In the Client Name field, enter the customer name for whom this mapping is created.
- On this screen, enter the following essential information:
- Select Employee Name from the drop-down menu.
- Select Phone Number from the drop-down menu.
- Select the checkbox to allow Allowed Outgoing Calls. Do the same for Allowed Incoming Calls.
- In the Client name field, enter the client name.
Twilio SMS Gateway
To set up Twilio as your SMS Gateway, select Administrator > SMS Settings in the Server Configuration section.